Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Selection formula 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 9, 2006
GB
Hello,

There is probably a very obvious solution to this question but I cannot work it out!

I am using Crystal Reports 9 reporting on an Access database. I have a table called Enrolment which contains a column called group.At present I am using a parameter which forces the user to choose which group to report on.
How do I create a selection formula which will make the report run for all the groups that are listed in the Enrolment table?

Many thanks.

I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying you have a table that has one record per group? And another table that has details for these groups, as well as data for groups not in the first table?

If so, you should be able to do it all by links, from the table of groups to the data, normal link rather than left outer.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Change the selection formula to
if
{?Parameter}='ALL' then true
else
{Enrollment.group}={?parameter}

*Enter ALL for all groups*

You can simplify that:

(
{?Parameter}= "ALL"
or
{Enrollment.group}={?parameter}
)