Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Selecting email account when sending email 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snooz

Technical User
Aug 3, 2001
US
I just started using Outlook 2002 as my default email program. I have 2 email addresses that I use regularly. Two are with Roadrunner (i.e. 123@hawaii.rr.com and abc@hawaii.rr.com). When I use Outlook Express to send emails there is a drop down box next to the From: line that I can use to select which email address I want to use in the From: line. How can I select which email address I want to use in Outlook 2002? On the Accounts tab in Outlook 2002 on the lower left of my tool bar it shows two accounts pop-server@hawaii.rr.com and pop-server@hawaii.rr.com 1.

Thanks

Open a new messge and select View - 'From Field'
In there, choose the one you want to send from.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

I don't see a "From Field" when I click on view. I think it might be because Microsoft Word opens up when I click on "New". How do I change it so Word does not open when I click on New.

Thanks

When you are in a new message, click in VIEW, there is a menu item called "From Field" if you select it, there will be a new field on your email above the TO field.

Hope this helps..
Laurie

LadyCK3

It will not work in Word, unselect Word as you mail editor, it's a bad idea anyway and makes it slow.

hard to believe this option not in OL2002. fwiw, i use OL2000 with Word as my email editor, and View menu does show From option. i use it frequently due to multiple email accounts. any comments from OL2002 users?

I have mine set up using Word 2000 with Outlook 2000. On the tool bar next to Bcc is Options.. I click on that and I then choose which account I want.

thefourthwall, that option is in OL2002, you just have to select it.
As Rob2806 states, that is the other way.
Alternatively, in Outlook - Mail Format, uncheck the Use Word option.
Open a new message, click view and add the From filed, close the message, turn back on the Use Word option and it is there too.
And if someone does not find it now, I don't know how to explain anymore.

Thanks everyone, I deselected Word as my email editor and everything works fine. When I click on view now it shows "From" as Mark initially described.

Thanks again

Snooz,

I wrote this response last night but I guess I never sent it because its not here, I must have closed the window thinking I'd sent it.

You CAN use the FROM FIELD if you have MS Word as the editor, the location to select it changes, that's all.

If you reset MS Word as your editor, you will NOT find the "From Field" on the view menu, it changes to the Options icon on the toolbar with the SEND icon.

If you look at the OPTIONS button, there is a small down arrow after the ... in Options... Click that arrow and you have the options to select a signature, stationary, a BCC field or the From Field... all things that are one the VIEW or INSERT menus if Word is not selected as the editor.

So you CAN have your cake and eat it too.....

:)

Your method was a workaround where no workaround is really required so go back and use Word.... just find the options in a different location...

I sure hope this helps...
Laurie

LadyCK3

There is indeed no workaround needed, but since thefourthwall did not find it, I posted a simple workaround.
Your last post is just repeating what already had been said, even by yourself.

Marc,

I'm sorry... as I stated, I thought I had hit the Submit Post button last night and had not. At that time, from home, I did not have access to verify this scenario on XP so I did it first thing this morning and posted immediately upon clocking in....

If I am redundant it is only due to haste in wanting to provide a solution and not re-reading the entire post or even noticing that more reponses had been made.

However, the result of switching from using Word still would not be necessary... and I work with people all day long who have Outlook questions... finding this option is something that I find a lot of people have difficulty with... so my over explanation of the location may just help.

My apologies if my wordy explanation is offensive to anyone... just trying to help... isn't what this formum is all about?

LadyCK3

haste is never any good, that's how most mistakes are made.
Nothing offensive, not to worry, but just read the thread before posting, then you would see it's already there.
Also, I never said the switching was needed, I just added it to help out someone who did not seem to get it.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back