Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

selectin"Next" layer for a recorded action 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cufevi

Technical User
Mar 4, 2002
US
Hi folks,
I'm manually "tweening" layers in PS7 and I'm trying to record an action to simplify this. What I want is "Select next layer>change opacity to 50%> Select previous layer>Copy merged>paste>Select next layer >Opacity change 100%>select previous layer>Select All>copy merged >paste>Select next layer>delete layer>

But I can't select "Next" nor "previous" layers The layer name is automatically assigned is there a way to actually choose "Next" or "Previous"?

There is an extra layer in the action because I'm also adding a seperate layer to all the other layers and I haven't been able to work out how to add the layer (A farm with a transparant top half) to the rest of the layers(Moving sky with a transparant bottom haalf) in one move.

cufevi
"A wise man is still a fool to an idiot

Ok, I've discovered "alt ]" to select the next forward layer and "alt [" the next backward layer so I now want to duplicate layer 1 (layer 1 copy)move up to layer 2 duplicate layer 2 (layer 2 copy) set the opacity to 60% (key 6) and merge layer 2 copy down to layer one copy.
Now I should have layer 1, layer 1 copy, layer 2 and the action should continue in sequence, i.e. layer 2 copy, layer 3 copy opacity at 60% layer 3 copy merge down to layer 2 copy move up forward layer and repeat.
Theoretically, but I can't get the action to do this.
Is it just me?
"Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas."

FYI, here are some other shortcuts that are good to know when recording actions.

Move the current layer to the bottom layer of the Layers Palette, above the Background if one is present.
CTRL + Shift + [
Move the current layer to the top of the Layers Palette.
CTRL + Shift + ]
Move the current layer up one position in the Layers Palette.
Ctrl + [
Move the current layer down one position in the Layers Palette.
Ctrl + ]
Select the bottom layer in the Layers Palette
Alt + Shift + [
Select the top layer in the Layers Palette
Alt + Shift + ]
Select the layer immediately below the current layer
Alt + [
Select the layer immediately above the current layer
Alt + ]

Also "Stamp" Current layer: puts a merging of all visible layers onto the current layer without removing the original layers. So you can create a new layer where you want it to be in the stack and Stamp it. In other words, the stamped layer will look just like the currently visible image.
Ctrl+Shift+Alt+E

For merging visible layers or stamping them, you can manipulate which layers get included by turning off the layers you want to exclude.

Hope it helps.
Sheri

Thanks sheri, would you happen to know how i can have the action continue throughout the layers? Using the shortcuts has made the process easier but I still have to click the action button for each new batch of layers and I'm assuming it's possible to automate this with a Batch or a Droplet but I have no idea how to go about it. I'm also a little "manualophobic."
Thanks again,
Cufevi
"BE ALERT! This country needs more Lerts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back