Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Select Statement Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

lasd

Programmer
Jan 14, 2005
IE
Hi
I am trying to get the receipt num and the quantity_received value to appear once and not to multiply all the way down when it is connected to the other table. Is my order by statement correct or should i be doing something else?
thanks very much in advance for the help
kindest regards
lasd

select distinct(rsh.RECEIPT_NUM),
rsl.QUANTITY_RECEIVED,
rsl.PO_LINE_ID
from rcv_transactions rtxn,
rcv_shipment_headers rsh,
rcv_shipment_lines rsl,
where rtxn.SHIPMENT_LINE_ID=rsl.SHIPMENT_LINE_ID
and rtxn.TRANSACTION_TYPE='DELIVER'
order by rsh.RECEIPT_NUM, rsl.QUANTITY_RECEIVED

rcv_shipment_headers is not joined ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

and rsl.SHIPMENT_HEADER_ID=rsh.SHIPMENT_HEADER_ID(+)

sorry i just cut out some of the code as i was pasting it in to the thread. this is the line in which i join rcv_shipment_headers....

So, what is the problem ?
What is the actual result vs the expected result ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

hi

i will just give you an example of what is coming up. I am linking this to the other tables for PO's using the po_line_id... i am getting the po number and the invoice number belonging to this PO number.then i want to show the receipt number and the receipt qty. but here is whats happening.

invoice no rec no rec qty
23432423 78 100
23495877 78 100
45325325 78 100

i want it just to show once the rec no and the rec qty
invoice no rec no rec qty
23432423 78 100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back