Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Select specific picture/image

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMax1

MIS
Apr 8, 2004
US
I asked a similar question sometimes ago, but the project is a little different now.
I am using Crystal XI, and I need to show a picture that represent one item. The name of the Item and the name of the initial picture are the same and are read from the same field. The table also has a field that eventually give the name of an alternate picture to be used for this item.

It is possible that the picture do not exist, and in this case I will need to use the alternate picture attached to the item.

Therefore my problem is to retrieve the initial picture if it exit, or if not, to retrieve the alternate picture.

Is it possible to check that the initial picture exist, and if not to insert the picture referenced with the alternate name. I understand that if neither exit, I will not retrieve anything, but I need to check the two alternatives first.
Any help on this one will be appreciated.

You could split the section that the picture will be placed into multiple sections - one field that contains the filepath of the 1st OLE object - and one field that contains the filepath of the 2nd OLE object.

In the section expert - tick Suppress Blank Section - for wach section containing the 1st OLE Object - and in the Suppress tickbox Formula Editor of the 2nd OLE object section - write a formula like:
not(IsNull({1stOLE_object.field})) - so if there is no pic in the first - it will show the second - otherwise it will suppress.

Cheers
paulmarr

I was thinking to do something similar, but I need to put on the same section 1 picture and some information. The picture may or may not be here, but the information will always be here. Therefore, I f I p'play' with the section, is-it going to work, since I will effectively always have some kind of info.

You can split a section into as many parts as you wish - so you could put the "Data" into one section and the pic in the other and underlay the data to be next to the picture.

Cheers
Paulmarr

Thanks I am going to try tomorrow. This would be perfect.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back