Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Select query - recordset not updatable

Status
Not open for further replies.

azalealee

Programmer
Nov 21, 2002
AU
Hi

I have a very frustrating select query based on 3 tables. The basic content of the tables are:

M_Work M_WO JT_Section_Work
*Work_ID *WO_ID *Section_Work_ID
Work_ID Section_ID
Work_ID

Both M_WO (work order table) and JT_Section_Work have a many to many relationship with M_Work. (Primary Keys with stars).

When I don't have JT_Section _Work as part of my query, everything works fine and I can update any records. As soon as I add JT_Section _Work, I get the message "recordset not updatable" and the possiblity that I have a pass-through query..?

Seeing that this query will be the record source of a form for users to update records and will require a number of similar tables like JT_Section_Work included, I'm a bit uncertain of what to do.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Azalea.

The many to one relationship can be done with a Form and subform. In this case 2 subforms one for each of the many tables linked on the workid.

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately the form needs to be continuous, which doesn't support sub-forms.

I've come across a work around for now, but I don't know how this will affect my data integrity and relationships. I changed the Recordset Type property of my form from "Dynaset" to "Dynaset (Inconsistent updates)". This has allowed me to modify the records of the query. Hopefully I won't cause too much damage....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back