Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Select or Parameter issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

luv2bike2nv

IS-IT--Management
Jun 28, 2007
US
Crystal Reports 8.5

I created a report that pulls the following information using 3 DBs.
Part Number, Description, order number, vendor ID, Transaction date, Original quantity, Transaction quantity, Unit of Measure, Stock ID, Transaction Code, Reference and User Define Reference.

There is only one Parameter (for Transaction date), two select statements – 1) order number between 700000 and 799999. 2) transaction date using the Parameter.

There are several Transaction Codes in the DB however the report is only picking up the R (received) Transaction Code. We are looking for the Transaction Code of T (Transfer)
To correct this problem (or try to correct this problem) I created a Parameter and set the Default Value to T (for Transaction), created a Select Statement with “is equal to” the Parameter %transaction code, when I run the report nothing is returned.

I am not sure where to go from here. Thanks in advance!

When a part comes in, Receiving goes into the Transaction section of the application, Enters the order number and receives the part. After that, that part is not associated with the order number. When a user moves a part from one stock location to another, issue out a part, ship the part,do a cycle count etc they just enter the part number, the order number is not associated with the part after it has been received.

Then why is the Order Number relevant in the first place if it is not associated with the part number after receipt? You need to be able to explain this. For example, is it that you want to track what became of parts associated with specific orders? If so, how do you know that is the case? Is the date field? Some combination of fields that are unique?

-LB

The user wants the Order Number, Vendor ID and Original Quantity in the report for a matrix using the T (TO) transaction code. He is going to go another route to get that information. Thank you very much for your assistance in this issue, it is/was appreciated.

Robin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back