Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

select no. of rows from a table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonia1421

Technical User
May 12, 2022
IN
How can we retrieve no. of rows present in a table without using count function?

ISPF table? DB2 table?

Frank Clarke
--America's source for adverse opinions since 1943.

ISPF table? Is there such a thing? It has been about fifteen years or so since I was on an IBM mainframe but back then it was just a graphical interface.

I get your point - I just haven't heard of ISPF in a long time. I wrote a Clist application and a COBOL application using it.

Yes, ISPF is more than a graphical interface — more like a 'suite'. See my REXX blog where I blend REXX and ISPF if you're interested.

So your question is directed at DB2 tables with which I am barely noddingly familiar.

Frank Clarke
--America's source for adverse opinions since 1943.

I've been off the mainframe for close to twenty years now. Switched to Windows a year or two after Y2K. And I'm not nostalgic.

somewhere on the internet there is a pdf manual to be found for free, containing SQL COOKBOOK. I used the tips in it many times. Very easy to use. Try to get it.

about ISPF: do in edit something like this:

PROF NONSENSE
put an 'a' in the margin and give command
MODEL

You will find some ready made sources and ==NOTE== s
The notes can be kept using line command MD on the note or MD999 or whatever you like. An ISPF quick reference for editing can be nice to have if you want to want to renew your knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back