Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SELECT FROM Table in Another Access File

Status
Not open for further replies.

lameid

Programmer
Jan 31, 2001
US
SELECT FROM Table in Another Access File

It has been a long while but I've seen syntax to directly select from files in Access SQL.

I think for my purpose that will be the easiest solution although yes I can technically use docmd.transferDatabase to link the table first.

This may be a deprecated feature for all I know or maybe it doesn't apply to Access databases but text files... but I wanted to check as I can't think of appropriate language to actually search for an example.

I'm hoping someone's memory on this is better than mine and I am not just thinking about too old to be used.

Thanks for any insight.

Thinking for another minute, leaning towards it may not be supported forever if it exists and I need to use links... But now even as a curiosity I want to know or maybe it would be there forever.

jedraw that looks like the kind of SQL I was looking for.

Thank you. I thought it was a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back