Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Select Distinct Records on menu disabled 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaverly

Technical User
Sep 24, 2004
US
Can someone point me in the direction as to why
Database -> Select Distinct Records on the menu bar is disabled? I checked the File -> Report Options and it is also disabled.

I am using CR 8.5 and SQL Server database.

Perhaps you're using a Stored Procedure, in which case you can't use this option as it's intent is to add a DISTINCT after the SELECT in the passed SQL to the database.

Please post technical information, such as the source of the data (tables, Views, Stored Procedures, etc...) adn the connectivity used.

-k

I am using a Contact1 table a ContHistory table a Calendar table and a User Table1 and UserI_1 Table2 (alias Table User)

Contact1 links to Calendar Table and ContHistory Table via the Account Number. Calendar Table links to User Table via UserID and ContHistory links to User_1 Table via UserId.

Most likely, you are not using an ODBC connection and therefore this option is greyed out.

ContHistory sounds like a Goldmine database. If this is the case, are you connectng directly to the .dbf files? If so you need to create an ODBC Data source to the .dbf files, and connect to the ODBC datasource rather than directly to the .dbf files. After you do that, SELECT DISTINCT and SHOW SQL QUERY, among other options, wll be available to you.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back