Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Select data from Combo box

Status
Not open for further replies.

suchis

MIS
Jun 6, 2003
BM
I would like to know how to select data from a combo box and then use a button to respond to the selected item. I need this information for the creation of a macro that will allow the user to select from a combo and will be given the data associated with the selected item. I am using CognosScript Editor to create the macro.

I will be greatly appreciated if I could get this information as soon as possible.

suchis,

CognosScript Editor does not allow combo boxes. You may either have an editable text box or a list box. Unfortunately there is no support for combo boxes.

Regards,

Dave Griffin

The Decision Support Group
Reporting Consulting with Cognos BI Tools
"Magic with Data"
[pc2]
Want good answers? Read FAQ20-2863 first!

To elaborate on what Dave said, you will to use Visual Basic to accomplish this.

Flex

Thank you,
I decided to use the command buttons instead, which works perfectly.

Hi suchis, Would you be prepared to share some of that code of yours since I am busy with someting similar and I'm having some problems. Thans :->

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back