Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

select certain record group 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghazali

IS-IT--Management
Aug 11, 2002
MY
hi,
i want to select predefine record group and produce the report.

Desription Category Years
aaaa test 1997
bbbbb1 product 1998
bbb ccc2 sales 1999
cccc test 1997
dddd1 product 1998
eeee bbb sales 1999

1. there are many records for year such as 1997,1998, 2000, 2001, and 2003. let say i want to produce the report for selected year selected by user such as year 1999.
bbb ccc2 sales 1999
eeee bbb sales 1999

2. i want to produce the report for predefine word from decription
let say i want to produced the report for word "bbb" by user enter word "bbb" and produce the following result

bbb ccc2 sales 1999
bbbbb1 product 1998
bbb ccc2 sales 1999
eeee bbb sales 1999

To display more then one year, grouped by a category, use a summary panel (Menu - Create - Summary) to group by a field. You can add more than one summary (max is eight) and the order in which they are displayed determines the group and sub grouping order. A summary panel can also be grouped on a calculated field, for example if the table contains a date field and you want to group on year.

To only display one year or category, run a find.

Paul Bent
Northwind IT Systems

Could u explain details .. i cannot get it

I create variable say vyears (user input) i tried key in year in vyears variable but cannot sort the selected years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back