Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Select & order query

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParaTrooper

Technical User
Feb 5, 2002
US
Hi,

I'm trying to develop a query that selects text from 4 tables (along with a date field associated with the text), and place the text within a one column of the resulting query and order by the associating date.

The 4 tables are:

COMMENTS(COMMENT, COMMENT_DATE)

FC_STATUS(STATUS, DATE)

RESPONSIBLE_AREA(AREA, DATE)

CONCERN_REVIEW(REVIEW, DATE)

I would like the resulting query to show the text from all tables in one column, and then order by the collective dates to show in the order of what has occurred:

ORDERED_ELEMENTS(TEXT, DATE)

Any help is much appreciated.
ParaTrooper

Hmmmmm, the task of selecting from 4 tables is easy and can be done with for Select statements in the select section of the statement, but the hard part is to put them into one column as the output. John

One way around this problem is to append each record into a temporary table, and have each text attribute in one column as required, along with the date associated.

I was hoping that it could be done with a select statement though, as there would be a lot of text being appended and deleted to a temporary table, which may take some time in Access 2K.

Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back