Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

select agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

TelcoCraig

IS-IT--Management
Dec 21, 2004
US
I have a sales manager that would like to let his agents leave their agent_id with customers to call them back. Simple enough but he wants the call to roll to available agents if the person isn't idle when the callback comes in. This to me means I need to use a queue to agent rather than a route call because the route call is blind.

I don't know of a way to convert a digit buffer (DN type) to agent_id type that would allow me to check for an agents status based on incoming digits. Since the group is large and growing I don't want to do a static where clause listing each possible agent. Any ideas?

I tried to get them to use reference codes so the call could be transferred to the right person when the call came in but apparently these sales folks snipe each others sales too often for that to be effective :)

-Craig

Instead of using QUEUE TO AGENT, I would recommend you place each agent in their own skillset (the agent login would also be a dialable CDN). Your script will queue to the agent skillset first and then to the general skillset if the agent skillset is closed (or the agent does not answer within a certain time threshold).

Of course, the downside of this arrangement is the high cost of administration for future Moves, Adds, Changes (MAC). Try to use a generic naming scheme for the agent skillsets to minimize MAC costs.

Unfortunately it's that high MAC cost I'm trying to avoid. I'm the only one in the company right now that edit scripts or build new skillsets, agents, etc. and with 400 agents it's getting out of control since callcenter stuff is only supposed to be 10% of my workload (yeah, right).

This seems like something that would be a common problem but I guess not. I have done similar things in other ACDs but this one is frustrating me. I static routed this in the script in the past but that was for a group with 3 agents so I wasn't overly concerned about it. This group has 30 now with plans for up to 50 this year. It sounds like I'll be using a where statement with 50 values...

-Craig

Can each agent have their own individual DDI/DID number? If so use this to queue the call to the agent by using DNIS rather than CDN. You will still need a lot of where statements though.

Or perhaps open a voice session and ask callers to input the agent ID. Still lots of where statements.

That's what happens when the inmates start running the asylum. As soon as you have it built, they're going to hound you to understand reports and claim it is not routing correctly.

I can't tell you how many times agents and supervisors claim they were available when the agent reports show them in Not Ready or on DN calls. With a single agent in a skillset, you need to build fool-proof backup routing (larger backup skillset, voice mail) for when the agent is not available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back