Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Segmentation fault problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

fabien

Technical User
Sep 25, 2001
AU
HI!

My Tcl program crashes not all the time with segmentation fault and I can't find why. I tried putting some flags and I can't find the error. If I do some modifs (adding lines etc) it does not crash then for some time. I downloaded Tcl Dev Kit Debugger and the program does not crash cwhen I run it throught it why?
I also have a core file and tried doing a string of it but I don't how to read it.

I checked, I am not running out of memory and other codes work fine. They are similar execpt that they are not using Bwidget tree..

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

What packages are you loading? Only Bwidgets? I've found with programs that if a "puts" statement will prevent it from crashing, you most likely need to call "update" in your code. I would need to know more about your program and where it's crashing to help more.

Thanks Goodgod, I found the problem by doing some puts statements..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back