Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Segmentation fault in CRS installation - need libWrapCryptoC.so

Status
Not open for further replies.

marvinsirait

Vendor
Feb 9, 2010
ID
Dear all,

I tried to install Crystal Reports Server 2008 on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 64 bit. The installation was going fine until it reached 53% and displayed this error message:

sh: line 1: 5633 Segmentation fault "/<INSTALL_DIR>/bobje/enterprise120/linux_x86//boe_cmsd" -name crs.cms -loggingPath "/<INSTALL_DIR>/bobje/logging/" -pidFile "/<INSTALL_DIR>/bobje/serverpids/crystal_cms.pid" -dbinfo "/<INSTALL_DIR>/bobje/enterprise120/linux_x86/_boe_crs.dbinfo" -noauditor -connect 'DSN=CRSDB;UID=xxxxx;PWD=xxxxx;HOSTNAME=127.0.0.1;PORT=3306' -dbdriidFile "/<INSTALL_DIR>/bobje/serverpids/crystal_cms.pid" -dbinfo "/<INSTALL_DIR>/bobje/enterprise120/linux_x86/_boe_crs.dbinfo" -noauditor -connect ***** -dbdriver mysqldatabasesubsystem -fg -reinitializedb -defaultlocale en -quit

The installation log summary was like this:

error Errcode 139: "/home/crystal/crs/DISK_1/bobje/enterprise120/linux_x86//boe_cmsd" -name crs.cms -loggingPath "/home/crystal/crs/DISK_1/bobje/logging/" -pidFile "/home/crystal/crs/DISK_1/bobje/serverpids/crystal_cms.pid" -dbinfo "/home/crystal/crs/DISK_1/bobje/enterprise120/linux_x86/_boe_crs.dbinfo" -no auditor -connect ***** -dbdriver mysqldatabasesubsystem -fg -reinitializedb -defaultlocale en -quit
error PostInstallScripts::WaitForCMS CMS is not started, giving up.

I've tried searching for solution to this problem, and in one forum it is said that the problem was cause by incompatibility with AMD processors ( The server I'm trying to install CRS to also has AMD processor. If the solution given at the forum is correct, where can I get the replacement file for libWrapCryptoC.so?

Thanks a lot for any help...

It's alright guys, the problem is already solved.
The assumption that the problem might have related to AMD processor is proven to be correct.

We ask our client to file a support case at SAP customer support webpage and in a short time SAP replied with explanation that one of the installation file (3rd party library libWrapCryptoC.so) has incompatibility problem with AMD Opteron multicore processor. The fix was replacing the file with modified file included in the solution given.

After replacing the file we retried the installation and it was running successfully with no errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back