Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Seeking suggestions for a new credit card processing solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

PPettit

IS-IT--Management
Sep 13, 2003
US
I need to find a new credit card processor. We've been using Global Payments but I've finally had it with their poorly designed software (Retail @dvantage) and the general incompetence of their staff.

In case it helps to know: We don't accept payments via our website. Our transactions usually involve someone calling us or coming by one of our offices and giving us the credit card information. We don't use card readers at this time. Our office staff manually enters the information.

Ideally, I would like something that can be used from within a Win2k3 Terminal Server environment. I don't really have a preference as to whether it's a software-based or web-based solution. I'd like to avoid installing software on individual workstations, if I can.

Any suggestions on a solution that would fit my needs?

Thanks for the info evaleah, but Payflow appears to be geared toward making the customer responsible for the transaction. This won't work for us.

However, that page did lead me to PayPal's Virtual Terminal service which appears to be much more along the lines of what I'm after.

Most gateways will offer you a virtual terminal for free. Usually the gateway monthly fes range from $15-$60 a month. Some gateways will charge you nothing for transactions, some will give you a few free, and some will charge you a few cents on each transaction.

Some of the larger gateways in the United States are Payflow, LinkPoint / YourPay / First Data Global Gateway, Authorize.net / Cybersource. Most of these gateways will also give you the ability to process transactions online as well while offering the virtual terminal "free"

If you have people coming to your office, you should check into getting a USB swipe. LinkPoint Virtual Terminal is compatible with this and this would save you around 50 base points on each transaction that you swipe (since swiped transactions are not charged back as much as keyed). And you could have both discount rates (keyed / swiped) in one merchant account.

My Merchant Account Blog | Toll-Free Numbers | Expression Web Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back