Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

security 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrk2

Technical User
Aug 19, 2002
US
I have setup user and group accounts on my database and while working locally on my machine the securirty works. But the database is sitting on a file server and when I load the database and the "workgroup information" file it only prompts myself for passwords and usernames and no one else accessing the file server. Any thoughts on this problem?
thanks

Yes, I can minimize the batch file but, by then, the damage is already done. The Access application is taking up only half of the screen and I have to log in before I can resize the window. I'll do some more digging and if I come up empty-handed, I'll start a new thread. Thanks again for helping me out! Ann

Hi Jeremy,

I've also just had a look at the batch file and will start using it now, it'll prevent me staying late at work to update the database on the network. Have a star.

Cheers
Rob! [Bigcheeks]
Process and Procedure are the last hiding place of people without the wit
and wisdom to do their job properly.

Hi Guys,

I don't know if this will be of use to you, but once I've run the batch file I want it to close automatically, so I've added the following code to my switchboard:

In the top section (declare statments?) Ive added the following

Private Declare Function FindWindow Lib "user32" Alias "FindWindowA" (ByVal lpClassName As String, ByVal lpWindowName As String) As Long

Private Declare Function PostMessage Lib "user32" Alias "PostMessageA" (ByVal hwnd As Long, ByVal wMsg As Long, ByVal wParam As Long, ByVal lParam As Long) As Long

Then in the open property of the form I've added
Dim CloseIt As Long
CloseIt = FindWindow(vbNullString, "Name of Batch file.Bat")
PostMessage CloseIt, WM_CLOSE, CLng(0), CLng(0)

The batch file now closes as soon as the switchboard opens.
I got this from Thread222-121216

Hope this helps

Private Const WM_CLOSE = &H10 Rob! [Bigcheeks]
Process and Procedure are the last hiding place of people without the wit
and wisdom to do their job properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back