Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

JazzLeg

Programmer
Aug 22, 2002
GB
Hi,
I would like to add some security to particular pages by forcing the user to enter a login name and password to create session. Could anyone direct me to where I could find a good example of this with code that I can download?

Thanks

I've been looking on the net for things like that, well more particularly information on how to do it myself, but have found not a lot.

I've resorted to using my own system using a database for the username and passwords. When a user successfully logs in, then i set a property in the session object specifying that they are logged in.

It may not be the best way of doing it, and i'd love to have some more examples of how people have done this?

Hope it helps anyway.

How have other people added security to their sites?

There is a faq that should be able to point you in the right direction:

FAQ333-1030 How can I make a secure login for my site?

HTH Insanity is merely a state of mind while crazy people have a mind of their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back