Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Security Validation

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrtoledo

Technical User
Aug 22, 2002
US
I am looking for some software that will do an automated validation of a PC for Windows Crictial Updates.

Basicaly we have a large amount of computers that are comming into our building from third partys, and we are looking for a automated way the device can connect to an isolated network, have another PC on the isolated network peform a scan and generate a report on the status of the PC. (Somthing simple enough that anybody could launch it and receive a pass or fail validation).

Have a look at Microsoft Security Baseline Analysis if you just want reporting.

If you want to get the machines up to spec though, WSUS is probably your best bet

Best news is they're both freebies from that nice Mr Gates.....

Hope this helps

Regards

MD

Thoes are great ideas to scan the network for machine compliance. Howerver I am looking for a product that will allow someone to automatically validate their PC on a isolated network witout intervention from the IT department.

Thanks for all of the ideas. Belarc is a great utility. However none of thoes apps fit the need of our clients requirments.

The customer wants someone to come in off the street plug in there laptop to a private network, then enter their PC's login cridentials on a second PC, and the second PC will use thoes criedentials to perform a scan to validate the PC. Part of the customer requirements is that no software is it be installed on the machines.

I am pretty sure we can integrate the command line options of MBSA into some programming and develop a solution, but we would perfer to find somthing that already exists if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back