Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Security rights to run Remote Tools on this client have been denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troutek

MIS
May 14, 2003
US
For months, I have used the Administrator console to remote clients on my network. Yesterday, (12/8/03), I get the message about security rights when I try to remote anyone and everyone. Has anyone seen this or repaired this? This is very frustrating...

Microsoft's website wasn't much help.

Was there a recent change in your Domain security policy?

Sounds like your access to use RAT has been revoked. Are you the administrator and did you check your permissions?

Check the permitted viewer groups in the Remote Control Agent properties to ensure no groups have been removed. The Administrators group should be in the list. Try connecting to the PC with username: Administrator (or whatever you guys change it to), the password for the local administrator account, and the machine name you are trying to remote control for the domain. This should pretty much always work unless the Administrators group is removed from permitted viewers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back