Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Security- "Accounts:Administrator Account Status 'Not Applicable'?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mokru

Technical User
Aug 29, 2011
US
I had incorrectly posted to another forum area here:

In a nutshell, we have 6 workgroup servers and 6 domain servers. Some servers in both groups exhibit the anomoly/bug that they display "Not Applicable" for the security options "Accounts: Administrator Account Status" and "Accounts: Guest Account Status." The Administrator account is enabled, and the Guest account is disabled. Both have been renamed for security purposes.

I only have the vaguest idea to start with: That the account database may be corrupt? But I also doubt this idea because some of both domain and non-domain servers are exhibiting the issue. I have tried googling this and this site has a post by Bill Zhou (which is mirrored on many sites making it fairly tough to weed out duplicate results), but it seems that there is little widely known on the issue. I think I can guess why. Most server administrators are not going to spend time troubleshooting this issue when they have other issues to be concerned with, but we would like the issue resolved by the time of a scheduled audit for the obvious reason that it makes our settings seem inconsistent with what we state it actually is. We can explain it, if it remains, but solving it seems best.

I really would appreciate any help that can be given even if it is somewhat general. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Try right-clicking 'Security Settings' and seleting 'Reload' from the context menu. See if that will refresh the settings to display the correct configuration options.

Joey
CCNA, MCSA 2003, MCP, A+, Network+, CWTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back