Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Security Policies

Status
Not open for further replies.

DukeChestnut

IS-IT--Management
Aug 6, 2002
US
I setup an AD server and i just wanted to know if i should fiddle with the Domain Security Policy/Domain Controller Security Policy or just config the Local Security Policy. What are the advantages/disadvantages of each of them?

The Domain Security Policy overrides the Local Security Policy. This is the same with the Domain Controller Security Policy. Lets say you set the Local Security Policy now and come back later and feel the need to set up a Domain Security Policy then the Domain Security Policy will override the Local Policy. This is the only difference as I understand it in the three. I personally just set up a Domain Security Policy so I did not have to worry about the override. Hope this helped.

thanx for the info. i think i'll just do the domain policy too. if it overrides local i may as set it up in domain rather than local.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back