Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Security Permissions are being overwritten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenico

MIS
Oct 21, 2003
GB
Hi Everyone,

I have migrated many users from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000 using the exchange tasks in AD users and computers. The 5.5 server is still in place as a SMTP bridgehead to other mail systems and we have a 2 way ADC that is primary for the connected exchange environment (we are setting all permissions, etc in AD users and computers)

MY problem is that when I give a user permission to another users account VIA the security tab in AD users and computers, these permissions are overwritten within about 10 Minutes. The security tab can set permissions like 'send as' and 'receive as' , and is good for PA's and people like that.

The really weird thing is that the permission are in place for a few minutes, and they actually work for a few minutes...and then they are wiped out (even if you choose to block inheritance)

All feedback will be very appreciated!

Zenico (banging head against stone pillar)

Hi,

did u run ntdsnotmatch utility to ensure conistency between 5.5 and 2k accounts? is ex2k on SP3 or above?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back