Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Security Password

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBublitz

IS-IT--Management
Apr 11, 2005
US
I Would like to get into the security settings of the IPO. When I log in as the administrator.

RMAccessRequest() - Insufficient rights

What is the default username for the security username? I've found doc saying that in 3.2 the the security settings are seperate from the config. Well how do I get in? I even factory reset the box.I then set the security password again still cant get in must use a different user other than administrator. Pretty stupid administrator doesn't have the rights to do this.

Billy Bublitz
Integrity Windows and Doors

you can't change the security settings with Administrator
if your vendor doesn't want you to get access you won't get access
if he is smart then he changed it
in the docs it says :

username : security
password : securitypwd

this is default

like i said if he doesn't want you to have access and you have now it is his on fault :)
also it is in the docs and you found it anyway
if the standard login doesn't work you won't get in

Yup that worked. This is a self install so the company I purchased the equipment from probably won't ever touch it. After I upgraded to 3.2(17) it asked me to change the password...I did and the username showed RemoteManager at the time. Odd that in the doc it says it will ask you to change this password after first login....I did but its still at the default maybe they are reffering to another username i.e. the remote dialin username?

Billy Bublitz

remotemanager is a user
do not change that (no use for you)
in the security settings you change the Administrator password
if you want to change system password also search within security settings
there it is al been done

read the docs very carefully
you need it to get it all done

RemoteManager is the remote dialin username and the 3.2 manager warns if this password is set to default.

In the documentation it is also mentioned what the user account the IPO deafults to and how to change it.

Don't know what part of the documentation says that it will ask you to change it at first login? Only thing I know that does that is you voicemailbox

Ok it is the remote manager it prompts you to change at first login. I'm in the secuity settings now it's really straight forward. I changed the remote manager then and now I can finnaly change the defualt password for all the groups. Thanks guys. I haven't installed a new IPO since 3.0xx so far i'm liking the new changes.

Billy Bublitz

Have they updated the course? I already took those tests 2.7(xx) days.

Billy Bublitz

search for this course : AVA00822WEN

that is the R3.2 product delta course

it is good to update your knowledge of the ipoffice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back