Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

security panel software experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcrequest

MIS
Jul 12, 2007
US
I'm not sure where to post this, so maybe the readers here can point me in the right direction, so thanks in advance.

I need support getting Maxis security panel software to run. The original installer is not being helpful. The software author is but they won’t deal with end users.

The software basically will only run under XP administrator credentials. I’ve elevated NTFS permissions on the install folders as loose as possible (Everyone Full Control). "C:program Files\SG Security\CommunicationsReporter\IPREPORTERIP.EXE" is the path.

Hi

What is the error you recieve?

Is the computer on domain?

Trevor

yes, on a WS2003 domain. If I runas the shortcut as administrator, no errors and tasks can be completed. My goal is to get it to run as a regular user to comply with company policy.

Reporter IP | Error

Unauthorized or corrupted installation detected. Please contact Sur-Gard technical support.

The Reporter IP version 2.00.52.14

I've applied Compatws security template to this XP machine, and other programs that used to only run as admin, now run fine as non-admin except for this Sur-Gard IP Reporter. It's folders have Full Access to the user explicitly Allowed, but still won't work.

Hi

Have you tried making them power users on local machines?

Trevor

Power user also fails, though using power user is not an option policy-wise.

Go into security then Advanced then edit the users, going through there find exactly what you need to run it. I have a feeling it accesses a dll or writes to something that isn't able to be done without some sort of elevated rights.

RyanEOD, are you talking about NTFS permissions or something else? The program files I know about have NTFS permissions as loose as possible (as described in original post).

what I am talking about is permissions for anything that program installs. Be it files in the system folder, application level, etc. Something is stopping it. Event viewer say anything helpful?

I don't think you have the correct software. What are you trying to accomplish with the program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back