Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Security on an MDE

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomus1

Technical User
May 15, 2001
US
I put a copy of the MDE on the local users drive by comparing the date stamp on that version to the date stamp on the network version.

I have one user who has lost his link to the network security tables. I have tried everything I can think of, but can't get it back.

Does anyone know what I should try?

I'm a little unclear as to what you mean by "I have one user who has lost his link to the network security tables". Could you maybe ellaborate a little further?

-Jedi420

A man who has risked his life knows that careers are worthless, and a man who will not risk his career has a worthless life.

Yes, when he logs on he gets a series of error messages that say that the groups are not recognized.

I pointed him to the system.mdw on the server rather than on his local C: and that recognized his name and password, but it is not recognizing user groups.

Hope this helps.

Quick question: Does that user use the same OS as everyone else. I had some mdw issues with an NT user whilst everything worked fine on the PC's with Win2K Pro.

More questions:

1. Is everyone using the same mdw (I assume everyone
joins the System.mdw on the server, just asking)?

2. How do you have your users join the workgroup?
via shortcut or do you manually place them in the
workgroup?

It seems very odd that the database opens up fine for everyone else except for this guy, unless something is sneakily different. I gotta go to a meeting for an hour. I'll check your response when I return.

-Jedi420

A man who has risked his life knows that careers are worthless, and a man who will not risk his career has a worthless life.

Thanks for the response

Yes, the user is on the same operating system as everyone else. He had some virus's and I quarenteened all the infected files. I reinstalled several things, but just can't get Access working.

I am assuming that everyone is joining the system.mdw on the server. The IT person for our company is on vacation and I am trying to fill in. I know the software real well, but know very little about the networking side.

I assign the users and user groups in Access on the server. If I could see what system.mdw others were linked to I might see what was wrong. But, I don't know how to do this.

Thanks for all you help
I figured out how to see what group others belonged to and got him redirected properly
He is working ok now.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back