Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Security Mode Settings Mergeable? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

glenng3

MIS
Mar 18, 2011
US
I need to enable TFTP Configuration Read in IP Office 9. I found the checkbox under Unsecured Interfaces in Security Mode, but I don't see any indication whether it is mergeable or requires a reboot. Anyone got a clue? Thanks.

Security settings are all "mergeable" so to speak.*

*The caveat is generating a security certificate brings the system close to its knees for 5 minutes so as bad as a reboot in its effect.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Glenn, make sure TFTP is not accessible from the outside world, as with every other service.

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

1st question Why do you need to enable TFTP Read?

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Ok not familiar with Xima (not for the want of trying), I take it that needs tftp then.

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Xima told me to enable TFTP Read to allow Xima Chronicall to report trunk information. I did enable it, but still no trunk info in Chronicall. Any Xima gurus out there?

haha! called it.

It doesn't need it to work IPGuru, only to see the trunk info. Had to enable it last week on mine.

I'd just call their support glen, they'll get it sorted.

APSS/ACIS/ACSS-SME
not arrogant, just succinct.

TomMills - Did you have to purchase a second site license from Xima in order to monitor the trunks? That's what their support is telling me. Seems odd, since we only have one site. Thanks.

Not sure, we have 2 systems in a SCN and have 2x reporting licenses already, so maybe that's why it works? I know we didn't have to buy anything extra, but it's possible we already had it.

APSS/ACIS/ACSS-SME
not arrogant, just succinct.

Xima use the tftp read to match a internal/external number with the IP Office directory, if you have set to preffer trunk info matching (default) against directory matching then you'll see no names of external callers (I think, we cannot have trunk info on our further magnificent continent).
UC+ ( uses TAPI & SNMP to retrieve usernames

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back