Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Security Issues 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoot

Programmer
Oct 11, 2003
US
Hi,
Is there any way of maintaining Column and Row level security at the Universe level but not at the Database level for each user.

Using Supervisor is there any way of restricting the end user from the data which he is not allowed to view?

We don't want the security to be set up at the database level, so looking for anyother options. Any Suggestions or Comments?

Thanks in Advance,

Keep Smiling,
Shoot

All of this is standard functionality within Supervisor. You can also get a good presentation on the BO tech support site called "Using Designer to Implement Row-Level Security". I hear the guy who wrote it really knows what he's talking about. ;-)

Steve Krandel
Westbay Solutions

Hi Steve,
Thanks for the Quick response. But I am unable to find the document, the one I found doesn't open. Could you please provide me with the link where I can find the document or else would it be possible for you to send the document, if you have one?

Thanks in Advance.

Keep Smiling,
Shoot

Hi Steve,

Here is my E-mail address: sskchak@hotmail.com

Thanks a lot in Advance.

Keep Smiling,
Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor