Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Security Event Log Size

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbowles

Vendor
Jun 17, 2005
US
I am trying to change the size of my security event log but it keeps getting switched back to the default of 16384KB. I manually clear the log every day with a script, thanks tek-tips for the script, but I am missing entries because there is so much activity in the log.

I think I could set the script up to run more than once a day, but would really prefer to have the size of the log be larger.

Thanks for the help.

Well to what size are u trying to change the log to? I have mine set to 528000 KB and have it set to overwrite events > 60 days

No, all of the GPOs have the event log stuff undefined. I have tried to change the GPO to enable maximum security event log size but it still reverts back to 16384KB. I'm looking to set it up to about 100MB.

58sniper,

Thank you for the insight. I found the GPO that was giving me grief. Once corrected the log file size works great.

Thanks for all of the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back