Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Security+ difficulty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beaker510

MIS
Jul 20, 2004
US
I'm cuurently working on adding the security specialty to my mcse 2000 and one of the requirements is either the security+ or the ISA server exam. I'm considering server+ rather then the ISA exam to show a much broader range of knowledge and it gives me a couple more letters to put below my name on my business card.
I want to know how diificult it is? Is it like the a+ and net+ exams which require no studying and take about 5-10 minutes to take or is it closer in difficulty to the microsoft and novell exams that I've taken?

Frank

The Security+ exam is difficult. It is NOT an entry-level exam like A+ or Net+. It is targeted at the technician with two years on-the-job networking experience, with emphasis on security. It is not to be taken lightly.

A+,N+,S+,L+,I+,HTI+,e-Biz+,CETsr,CST,CNST,CNCT,CFOT,CCNT,CCTT,ACSP,ISA CCST3

thanks for the info. Looks like I'll have to study for it. How difficult would you rate it to say the MCSE 2000 core exams, which were moderately difficult, or to the netowork design elective or Novell's Service and Support exams, which were really difficult?

Frank

Sorry Frank,
I cannot compare the Security+ exam to either MS or Novell as I have not taken exams from them.

A+,N+,S+,L+,I+,HTI+,e-Biz+,CETsr,CST,CNST,CNCT,CFOT,CCNT,CCTT,ACSP,ISA CCST3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back