Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Security Clearance UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogboy7

Technical User
Aug 10, 2002
GB
Can anybody please advise how I would go about getting security clearance here in the UK, there appears to be a quite a few jobs about but I can't apply without the clearance. (i am a Brit)

Please help

Cheers

Dogboy7 ccna

I've always found that the company will run a check on you rather than you going to them saying you have clearence

And where are these jobs and I might apply as well!!!

I'm afraid that you can't just get security clearance, what tends to happen is that you get the job and then get security cleared whilst working. It's a chicken and egg situation, can't get it without the job and can't get the job without it, if you've not been in the forces it's a matter of luck. Asking for security clearance will save the employer a lot of time and expense but they may not find a security cleared person, so don't give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back