Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

security certificate will expire in xxx days 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe2938

Programmer
Dec 16, 2010
US
I have researched this and have fixed the certificate warning but when it tells you the system will be unresponsive for 5 minutes is this only for administrating the system only? or does it affect the end users being able to make calls etc... I have only done this remote so I have had zero complaints but want to be positive as I need to address our hospital customers, thanks in advance.

Critchey......Basic does suck !

Option 1 pain in the ass to do

Option 2 I'm doing that one

Option 3 Tried that and after unchecking could not log back in. Had to check security again to log back in, then resorted to option 2. ( R-9.0 & R-9.1 ) Didn't try wit R-8 or R-10
Option 4 basic does suck, especially the auto attendant.

You know I have heard one other person say the same thing that they could not log in with secure communications unchecked but I personally have not run into that issue. No idea why it seems to work sometimes and not work other times. I really wish basic would just go away at this point lol

*Ya no clue why the auto attendant is so bad/buggy in basic. I have seen so many become "corrupted" and simply making a new one with the same options magically works. I always feel like the customer could of saved the cost of an Essential Edition license by the time all the dumb bugs are worked through in basic. I cringe anytime I see SIP or PRI in basic...

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Everything is sporadic with basics. If they only woud enhance the Ato Attn to be able to program days of the week by time of day. I think maybe the bugs for cettificates are specific to the PCS # of the control unit. I just pit in a basic with a PCS 26 control unit that did not give the warning on log in. Also PCS 26's do not have the clicking on trunks with the daughter board installed.

If the phones, 9608g, are getting their files from a separate http server is the cert renewal process different? They have 250+ phones so I can't use the memory card

My Avaya 1120 Sip phones are showing certificate will be expired message even after regenerating the security certificate and restarting the phone. Do I have to clear the 1120's to fix the issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back