Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Security Cameras over the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talson

IS-IT--Management
Feb 22, 2002
US
I am trying to set up a location with cameras that can be broadcast over the internet using live feed. Can someone point me in the direction for good low cost, under $200 cams and server software.

If you are thinking about $200 for several cameras and the software, then it is not possible if you want quality video. You can find really cheap cameras out there, but they won't last long and the image quality stinks.

Go to 66.166.130.110 in IE5.5, choose MPEG4 encoder, on the next page it will download an add-in to IE then let you choose your connection type, if you are on a high speed connection you can choose how many cameras to veiw, on the 1,2, or 4 camera veiw click on play or choose option then play on the 8 or 16 camera veiw, user Guest password 1234.

Questions, let me know.

How did you do this, what programs and cameras did you use?

Garling

It is a product we sell. E-mail me if you would like more info. jeffbouldin@netscape.net

HI All
I am also looking for these cameras
I tryed the ip 66.166.130.110 and user name Guest
And Password 1234 I it will not log on!

Thanks
Chaim

What browser are you using? To access the Mpeg4 encoder you must have IE 5.5 or 6.0. If you are using an older version or Netscape choose the Jpeg.

Jeff

I have just tried looking at this. I have IE 6

When i try to connect using the info supplied I get
cannot connect to server ???

Any help as I could be very interested in your products

Cheers

ITMontyp

Do you get to the screen with the PDA looking screens? When you push the play button does a user name and password screen come up? If so try guest and 1234. Just tried it so I know the DVR is working. Did it download an applet before it would let you choose which connection you are using?

Yes all of the above

an applet was downloaded along with connection speed. when i push play a user name & password box appears.

I enter guest as the user
1234 as the pasword

it tries to connect then comes back cannot connect to the server.

Does the app use any special ports ,as i am sat behind a firewall ??

ITmontyp

I think it connects through port 80 or 8080. I will talk to someone with the manufacturer tomorrow. I have IE 6.0 and have no problem connecting. Have you tried another computer? The only thing I can think of is that it is the firewall or something in the configuration of your browser.

For a stationary camera you can try the software from The registered version runs about $35. If you'd like to pan/tilt/zoom your camera try The controlable tripod runs about $175 but for another $25 you can add a Logitech QuickCam Pro. (The software is free and downloadable without any purchase.)

itmontyp, Make sure ports 80, 8080, 4550, and 5550 are not blocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back