Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Security alert when Access 97 sends an e-mail via Outlook 2000 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locoman

Technical User
Sep 25, 2002
GB
Hi folks, I have searched the archives but think this is a new question: has anyone had this sort of problem?

I have an Access 97 stock control application which conditionally e-mails various people with a report in Snapshot format (.snp file extension) as an attachment. The list of addressees are in a macro, and the macro was set to send the e-mail immediately (i.e. with edit option set to "no").

Our e-mail system uses Outlook 2000 and this worked fine while our network user PCs used NT4. Recently these started being updated by IT to Windows 2000 and the problems began. Win 2000 traps the automatic sending of the e-mail with a user alert along the lines of "possible virus - should your PC be sending this?, continue yes/no?".

IT say neither the mail system security settings, or the user PCs themselves, can be altered to correct this alert, so instead they loaded Outlook 2003 on my PC to trial because they thought this later version might not have the problem.

True, Outlook 2003 does not flag up the warning message - but it still does not allow automatic sending of the e-mail, i.e. you still have to click the "send" box in the e-mail screen.This is because I have to set the macro edit yes/no flag to "yes" otherwise the "no" option hangs everything up with the dreaded hour-glass symbol during the sending of the e-mail.

Instead of using the macro are there any "switches" that I can code from VBA to change e-mail security settings, etc.? I would appreciate any suggestions on this one.

Hi Ken, thanks for the link. Lots and lots of useful stuff to read through there, and hopefully a way forward.

Regards,

Brian

Redemption is not Free unless you are both the developer and the only user of the developed application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back