Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Securing the database 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwbviper

Technical User
Oct 22, 2002
GB
Hi, i'm building a helpdesk database at my work so that if users encounter any problems they can access the database and report a fault. However i want to secure the database so that users must enter their own username and password before accessing the database. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Cheers

ann, i would be very thankful to get a copy of your work...thanks in advance.
castor0000@yahoo.com

Wabeg,

I am interested in learning more about the getuser(). I am in the process of making a safety suggestion database and want to be able to capture who initiates the suggestion being added and also be able to make it so only those assigned the suggestion to track can make changes to it.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Ellie
lena.wood@starband.net

PS - I use Access 97 at work and 2000 at home...needs to work on 97.

Ellie,
If you are using Access security, you can use the CurrentUser() function to get the name of the name of the user. You could create a field within your table called UserName and set it's default value to =CurrentUser().

schredder, my email to you was returned 'cause your mailbox is full. Let me know after you do some housekeeping and I'll be happy to try again. Ann

hey annsolomon I have a similar concept database called troubleshooting. Would you be interested in looking at it and telling me what you thought of it? Good luck,
Kuzz

"Time spent debating the impossible subtracts from the time during which you
can try to accomplish it."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back