Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Securing DB makes "Dim rs as Recordset" break! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

asp3232

Technical User
Jun 25, 2002
US
Hi,

I just started trying to secure a database, which seemed to work well, and then wanted to convert it to a front end/back end arrangement. So I ran the database splitter -- no problems encountered. Then I tried to make the .mde file, and got an error on one of my functions that the statement "Dim rs as Recordset" resulted in the error message "User-defined type not defined."

I went back to the pre-secured db, and did the "compile and save all modules" and it worked fine. I even cut and pasted that function into my secured DB just in case something had gotten hosed, but still no dice...

I also tried the secured-but-not-split db, and it had the same problem, thinking that Recordset is a user-defined type.

Any thoughts on what happened? (and how to fix it?)

Thanks!

asp

You should allways use Dim Rs as Dao.Recordset so that your program knows how to handle your recordsets and in the VBA window goto Tools/Refrences and select microsoft DAO 3.x object libery.

This will do the trick ;-)
Dont forget to click the Mark as helpful if this does the trick ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back