Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Securing Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

maeling

Technical User
Sep 23, 2002
GB
What is the best way of securing my access 2000 database?
I am about to roll it out to other access 2000 users but do not want them to be able to customize toolbars or view the database window etc. In the past I have used |Run Time versions only which achieved this. HELP!!!

i make my own mainbar to replace the file one and set each form to use that one, use the start-up settings to turn off most access to stuff, turn off the ability to bypass autoexec and make an mde.
And of course access security/permissions thing if required

There's probably more ways to secure the database as well as these. I you dont understand some areas, just post again and they'll be elaborated.

Regards

Samulayo

I know no one likes to hear this but the best way to do this is use Access Security and create a custom mdw for both the administrator and the user. You then can set exactly what a user can/cannot do.

If you are not familiar with using security or a custom mdw it is no easy task. If you attempt to create a custom mdw first make a copy of your current mdw and place it somewhere safe just in case something goes wrong.

Life's a journey enjoy the ride...

jazzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back