Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SecuRemote trough a Netgear Router

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milli

Technical User
Feb 2, 2001
DE
I have to connect my network to a sap server with an other company. They are using FW1 on their side. im using securemote to connect to the company and the authentification is ok and i get a connect, but when i try to connect with the sap gui, im not getting response from sap server. im using the newest client from checkpoint and an Netgear FVS318 DSL router. When i connect via dialup direct to the internet everithing works fine. where is my problem with the router, or is the problem at the other company side? I allready made a portforwarding on my router and followed the other posts but nothing worked.

ask them to look at the logs of the firewall.
when you make your connection do they have any problems reported in the logs from your IP address? this may point to some clues

Ok, i asked them to check the logs and they say im comming in but im not encrypted, im comming trough the router with my local network adress 192.168.0.x , but why ? the router should not give my ip outside ? it seems that the router is modifying my ip package and takes the key out of the headder, how can this be?

you say that your local address is being sent and that it shouldnt
are you expecting the router to be performing any type of NAT?

Yes the should perform a nat, but i have no configuration possibility, i only can configure a portforwarding, but portforwarding several ports like 500 or 1723 dosnt have any effects on the funktionality.

ehhm yes and my router protocol says

Thur, 10/10/2002 13:58:08 - T-DSL IPsec:find_insa() not found
Thur, 10/10/2002 13:58:08 - T-DSL IPsec:NO inbound SA found for ESP

when i try to connect ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back