Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SecuRemote Communication Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moss2001

IS-IT--Management
Aug 23, 2001
GB
Hi all!

We have a problem with SecuRemote NG FP2 with IKE and pre-shared secret. SecuRemote connects successfully when the user enters their id/password but, after around 10-15 minutes no more data can be passed over the VPN. A red exclamation mark appears in next to the key in the SecureRemote icon in the System Tray.

The error in the SecuRemote log file is "Communication with gateway **** at ***.***.***.*** has failed." The only way communication can be re-established is by exiting and reloading SecuRemote.

We have checked all timeouts on the Global Properties of the policy and all of them are set to 60 mins but the problem still persists. This problem occurs with SecureClient also.

Any ideas anyone? [ponder]

Chris Vickers
moss2001@hotmail.com

Just thought everyone would appreciate a little update on this now we have it sorted!!

Basically it was because of the SecuRemote version we were using. I had downloaded the latest one from Checkpoint which was build 52057 for Win2K-but when I checked again (1 week later!!!) Checkpoint had released build 52097 which fixed everything in one hit!

So there you go-make sure you're using build 52097! :-D

Chris Vickers
moss2001@hotmail.com

Having a problem with Check Point VPN-1 SecureClient NG Feature Pack 2 Build 52097. I'm using this software to connect from two different Windows XP Pro boxes, one at home and one at work. At work, I can connect fine (my workstation is on the same subnet as the server), but at home I get the same "Error: Communication with gateway %IP% at site %IP% has failed" message that you were getting. I have a cable modem here at home but I know of others with the same cable ISP that can connect fine. Any help is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back