Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SecureClient for Vista workstations

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegTellis

MIS
Jul 10, 2006
US
Hi all. I am experimenting/using the EA version of secureclient for Windows Vista and everything seems to work with the EXCEPTION of Microsoft Outlook. When I try to access my email, it says The Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable" even though I can ping my exchange server all day long along with everything else on the network. Is there something that I need to change on the Vista workstations to get mail to work? My secureclient logs definitely show me going OUT to the exchange server and there is nothing weird in the firewall logs like I am NOT getting to the mail server. I do not have this problem with the secureclient with XP machines at all and everything works fine. I have also seen in other forums where people are using the same EA version I am using and claim to have no problems whatsoever. Any ideas what needs to change for me, anybody?

If anybody has been experiencing the same problem with secureclient for Vista, I want to let everybody know that the issues I was having with it were directly related to the smartdefense settings on my firewall and if you find that you are experiencing issues with certain features like Microsoft Outlook, look there first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back