Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

secureclient and xp conflicts

Status
Not open for further replies.

miguel73

Technical User
Jan 22, 2002
GB
I got problem with Windows XP, I have installed SecureClient FP2, on the a laptop. I installed it from the SecureClient Packaging Tool NG FP2. I can connect to the VPN fine, no errors, I can log onto outlook, and send and
receive emails, i can also ping the internal servers on the private Ip addresses, what i cant do is map a network drive via the CMD prompt, i get an error 53 "The network path was not found", I tried the same syntax of the
net use command on my computer and that worked fine, Is there any known problems with XP and SecureClient. Or is there a work around.

many thanks Miguel

I would check your firewall log to see whether your SecuClient rule is defintely allowing you to perform this action. It's possible (although unlikely) that you'll be blocked on the rulebase from establishing shares, even if you can ping and use outlook.

Also, is name resolution working okay - when you ping the servers, are you pinging the name, or the IP address? If name resolution is working fine, then this is a bit of a dead end, but if it's not, possibly try your net use command again, but replace the server name with the IP address.

If name resolution isn't working, then you'll have to configure your end-point's DNSINFO.C file to point your SecuClient at the right DNS entries.

Hope this helps, but your problem sounds a like a strange one...

It's possible your firewall is blocking netbios which is why you can't map a drive. I had a user trying to do that through Securemote build 4199, but our firewall prevented this.

It is probably a WINS issue. Try manually inputting the WINS server on the dial-up adapter, or network adapter (whichever the user is using to VPN), and I bet it will map the drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back