Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Secure Web sites, cookies and bordermanager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klae

Programmer
Mar 5, 2001
GB
If I try to go to and then try and "register" with them or do anything on there secure web server I get a page saying that my session has been inactive for too long and I cannot do anything on the secure web site. This is as soon as I go to the secure website. I was wandering what area to start troubleshooting with our FireWall. is it cookies and/or secure websites/ports(443) or something else in there?

TIA Klae

You're only as good as your last answer!

IN your title you mention the use of BorderManager. You may want to clear the cache as all requests will come from BM before going out to the web. I have noticed that even a refresh may not update the old information depending on what's being accessed. I would check this first, cookies would definately be the next item as things like date stamps, and user information is stored in them.

Mark C. Greenwood, CNE
m_jgreenwood@yahoo.com

CNE 4.11 and CNE 5 certified. BS Degree in MIS. Working in the industry for 8 years.

I work with NT servers, NDS for NT as well.

Seen this. Gotta add the site to "non-cached" sites in Border Manager.

We have already cleared our cache but this still happens I'll try again and jaminjim's suggestion. Report later Klae

You're only as good as your last answer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back