Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Secure Server Problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rawenow

Programmer
Apr 4, 1999
US
Hi,<br>
I have configured a javascript shopping cart that seems to work great<br>
UNTIL I try to access my order form through my secure server. The order<br>
form shows up fine, except that the items that were placed in the<br>
shopping cart are not transfered to the order form. If I don't access<br>
the order form through my secure server, it works great. I am willing<br>
to pay anyone who can help me out. My page is on-line right now, I can<br>
let anyone know where it is. I am about out of my mind over this. Can<br>
someone help? Thanks<br>
Mike Finn<br>
ramrite@bit-net.com<br>
<br>

Just a shot in the dark to give you something to think about...<br>
The page where the user selects the item they want to buy is on,<br>
I'm assuming an http:// page. The form, or page, you want to pass<br>
the info to is an https:// (secure) page.... In your script, are you specifing that the items be passed to a https:// url? I'm sorry, I have no other input that can help.

Send me your URL and I'll give it a stab....always like to try to help.<br>
I have lots of possible suggestions, but I think you would MUCH rather I check your site out first so I can narrow down my possibilities :)

<br>
Hi Robherc,<br>
Thanks for the response. Here is the whole picture.<br>
1- My webpage address is (This site has no shopping cart and is up and running fine through the secure server)<br>
2-My shopping cart that works is in a sub-directory at<br>
It works because I do not call the order form (checkout.htm) through my secure server. As a note, I access the order form from my menu page (menu.htm)<br>
3-My shopping cart that doesnt work is at It is identical to the /rawcart sub-directory except that I simply change the HREF in my "menu" page from "checkout.htm" to " (my secure server). When I do this, I have no problem accessing the order form except that it does not display the contents of the shopping cart. Try it out and you'll see what I mean. I have not even tried to test the "Submit Order" button to test the CGI script, but that is not an issue right now. If there is a problem with that I can take care of it. I know nothing about the javascript on these pages but I believe that might be where the problem is. <br>
Again I will be glad to pay you for your time. I appreciate your help, if you can point me in the right direction I will owe you.<br>
If there is anymore info you need let me know. Thanks again.<br>
Mike Finn<br>
Litchfield,NH<br>
603-880-4744<br>
ramrite@bit-net.com<br>
<br>
If you need to talk to me, E-mail your phone # and I will give you a<br>
ring.

Can you view the file ?<br>
If so, please e-mail me that file as plain text to: robherc.work@angelfire.com I can probably get to work on re-engineering the script so:<br>
a)I can understand it, and<br>
b)It works for you<br>
as soon as you get that file to me. I THINK this one should be fairly simple to solve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back