Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Secure Remote R56 Build 311..Login pop ups??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEI4ever

Technical User
Sep 3, 2003
US
I have a user that keeps getting the log in screen pop up every 10 to 15 minutes even though he is already logged in. I have selected the "suspend popups" option but they still come up. Any ideas on how to fix this?
He is running XP Pro SP1

Thanks

On the SmartDashboard, Properties=>Global Properties=>Remote Access there is an option for Authentication Timeout can be set, this is R54, but there should be a similiar option in a similiar area for R56.
Hope this helps

The Secure Remote client is what is causing the problem. Not the firewall itself. He is the only one that is having the problem. I already tried reinstalling the client and that didnt fix the issue

Hi there,

Did you ever get an answer to this one as I'm having the same problem on one of my pcs?
Thanks

Hi again,

I have found the answer!!
The continual pop ups are caused by conflicting IP addresses. For example, if a user belongs to more than one network (ie a network at home and at work) and retains a fixed IP address that conflicts with the IP address of the other network then these pop ups will happen!
Solution:- don't have fixed IPs on your workstation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back