Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

secure remote access to home users

Status
Not open for further replies.

titresfct

IS-IT--Management
May 18, 2004
CA
I am looking for a way to remotely access a home user's laptop SECURELY. I usually connect through a VPN when the users are on the different sites but i need a way to do the same with home users or users on the road. So tired of explaining things over the phone !!!!

Few little helpfull things... all users are on Windows 2000with sp4 and most of them have broadband connections.

Secure? Hmmm, but you can use any Remote Desktop suite. Personally I use Dameware for my clients and RemoteAdmin for my Servers both have different encryption methods but DW is licenced per administrator and not per client install.

VNC is free but since it is free you get what you pay for.

Dameware gets my vote.

Iain

Ok as secure as possible...

I know about VNC but it only encypts the password the rest of the session isn't. Looking for something that would encrypt everything to give the kind of security that a VPN connection gives. I don't know Dameware so i'll have to look it up, thanks.

Hi,

Why you don't try a PCanywhere? I think that is the best way to meet your needs and your concerns...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back