Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Secure Internet EDI 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

t2tone

IS-IT--Management
Jun 18, 2002
US
Wal-mart has finally made public that they will be mandating to their suppliers to move to Secure Internet EDI. I've seen several other companies move to this as well, but obviously not the giant as is Wal-Mart. Has anyone run into a situation where their customer or supplier is requiring EDIINT? With the recent instability of EDI-VANS, could this be the beginning of the end?

Does anyone know what Sterling's Orbitor product is? It's scheduled to go through certification testing, but there is no information available on their website.

RAH3,
So I'm not the only one that noticed Orbitor was on the Drummond Group schedule for certified testing. The new list that was published yesterday only listed Sterling's Information Broker and Gentran Integration Suite v 2.1. It's my guess Orbitor is a component of these software packages. I have contacted Sterling and waiting their reponse. I'll post their reply once it is received.

David (dhascup) ...

I'm not sure I can explain exactly "how" EDIINT from Trailblazer works, but I can try to explain my experiences with it.

I do not believe you are wrong in your thinking that EDI information is sent via email -- the EDIINT module wraps and encrypts the EDI data into an email attachment and sends via Internet protocol. I'm not sure though why you think that would dramatically slow the system -- in my experience it did no such thing of the sort; it was a really quick process actually.

k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back