Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

secure files using Form base Authentication

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayson

Programmer
Jan 31, 2001
US
I'm using a Form base authentication (with logon.aspx) to secure all files/subdirectory within the root directory where my web.config file is located. The problem is i have images, PDF, HTML files within that directory that are still accessible to any user by typing the full URL path of the files, for example:
OR

Is there any way to secure all these types of files?

Thanks!

On a related topic,

Have any of you experienced problems with forms authentication interfering with virtual directory resolution in IIS.

I have the following scenario

In a default page I redirect to a virtual directory (to a page contained in that virtual directory).

This works flawlessly when you first access the page. But after you authenticate (I am using forms authentication) if you try to go back to that default page the virtual directory is not resolving, resulting in a resource not found error page.

The same problem happens if you are just authenticated or if you have persisted the authentication cookie.

If anyone has experienced the same kind of thing I would appreciate some advice on the topic.

Thanks in advance Crystal
crystalized_s@yahoo.com

--------------------------------------------------

Experience is one thing you can't get for nothing.

-Oscar Wilde

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back