Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Secure Cut&Paste

Status
Not open for further replies.

nels

IS-IT--Management
May 1, 2001
GB
Does anyone know the best method to provide Cut and Paste capabilities within and between Citrix Sessions WITHOUT 'storing' on the client device.

Thanks in advance
Nels

As far as I was aware it didn't store it on the client device, look at winterms for example.

[blue]Arguably the best cat skinner around ! [/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Please help me out here your question seems quite interesting to me, where else would you store cut and paste other than client device? by this did you mean locally on the client pc?...Other thing I can think of would be in your roaming profile. Otherwise if you're using web client I can only think of unchecking the "Do not save encrypted pages to disk" option via IE-Tools-Internet options-Advanced and scroll down the lists of option..Please post your findings and answers accordingly...many thanks...

Sometimes, you just have to forget your head and grab your balls ...!

per user isnt there a little program that runs called rdpclip.exe or something like that??

Im pretty sure that actually provides the "clip board" functionality in a terminal sevices / citrix environment?

And naturally i am assuming its only ever going to store it on the citrix server because thats where it runs.

SO
Terminal session > Terminal program >Screen Shot taken > stored in serverclip board

Client Device > Local Program > Screen shot taken > stored on local client device clip board

hope this helps in some way???

Yep, Thanks very much for this scamjam, I find this very helpful...

Sometimes, you just have to forget your head and grab your balls ...!

Yes the clip[board shold not be leaving the server. So no need to secure.

[blue]Arguably the best cat skinner around ! [/blue]

Cheers
Scott

thanks for all the info and help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back