Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Section hide & display

Status
Not open for further replies.

trier

Technical User
Oct 3, 2001
Hi team. I want a report to display similarly to an excel spreadsheet with subtotals, ie display the subtotal initially and then when a user clicks on the group heading display the underlying data. I have tried the "Hide drill down OK" option in the section format tool, but that only gives the user the option to display records from the data that has been subtotalled one record at a time. Right clicking on the group heading and selecting "drill down" works in the report designer but as the reports will be viewed via the Intranet this option is not available in the web viewers. I would like to be able to supress the section until the user clicks on the group heading above it then display the data. Any hints would be much appreciated.
Thanks

You want a summary report which expands to a detail report for all summary lines? I can think of two options:
(1) use a parameter for the user to selct the summary version or the detail version. Use the parameter value to control detail lines suppression. With this option , the user would have to re-run the report to get the expanded version.
(2) Create the expanded version of the report as a subreport and make it an On-Demand subreport.

Thanks for that rogar have tried the second option and it did overcome some of my problems not the complete result I was after but close enough.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back